Gravita Lead Technology
Lead Recycling Consultant
Lead Battery Recyling
Largest Lead Manufacturer
Send Enquiry »

Lead Sheets

Lead SheetLead Sheet has been the metal that can be easily shaped, formed, bent and/or easily cut to suit all applications.

Our sheet Lead is extremely resistant to corrosion from the atmosphere, salt water, and most industrial chemicals. Gravita Supplies Lead Sheet to various industries for various applications.

Applications

  • Corrosion-resistant Gaskets
  • Lead lining tanks
  • Soundpoofing
  • Roofing and flashing
  • Radiation Sheidling : X-ray Room radiation Shielding, Gamma ray radiation shielding. Sheet Lead is built into a variety of structures, such as walls, doors, window frames and cabinetry to provide the necessary shielding protection.
  • Waterproofing applications: The sheet membranes are installed on-site, then burned (welded) with same-composition Lead burning bar to affect, a long-lasting, impermeable barrier.
  • With its high “limpness” (low stiffness) and high internal damping capacity it becomes excellent barrier material to block the transmission of sound, and for isolating equipment from mechanical vibration.

Lead Sheet Manufacturing Process

Lead Sheet manufacturing technique is continuous casting in which a rotating, water-cooled drum is partly immersed in a bath of molten Lead. The drum picks up a solid layer of Lead which is removed over a knife edge adjacent to the drum as it rotates. The thickness is controlled by varying the speed of rotation and the temperature of the drum.

Lead Sheet Manufacturer

Benefits

The Benefits of Lead Sheet are considerable: it is rugged, flexible and long lasting and has considerable aesthetic appeal. Around 75% of the Lead sheet consumed by the building industry is used as flashings or weathering to prevent water penetrating at points such as the bases of chimney stacks and abutments. The remaining 25% or so of the Lead sheet is used for roofing and cladding. The use of Lead for roofing is by no means confined to traditional applications such as churches and historic buildings; architects have been won over to the attractive and long lasting properties of Lead sheet for modern buildings, both for roofing and for the vertical cladding of external walls.

By virtue of its resistance to chemical corrosion, Lead sheet also finds use for the lining of chemical treatment baths, acid plants and storage vessels.

The high density of Lead sheet and its "limpness" makes it a very effective material for reducing the transmission of noise through partitions and doors of comparatively lightweight construction. Often the Lead sheet is adhesively bonded to plywood or to other building boards for convenience of handling. Current developments include a whole range of composite materials employing Lead sheet for the reduction of noise in industry and from engines of all sorts. A particular advantage of Lead's high density is that only relatively thin layers are needed to suppress the transmission of sound. This makes for important space savings in the design of large modern buildings such as hotels and office blocks.

Our goal is to provide pollution free Lead Acid Battery Recycling Plant. Contact Us for a detailed evaluation of your needs.

Back To Top